Monday, October 31, 2011

The only country where the name Kilgour doesn't raise an eyebrow...

Hello my pretty ones! I know I haven't been writing in here all that much lately, but I don't want to bore you with my touristic stories of "I saw this, then I saw that" all the time! Although, having said that, I will do a quick recap of my time since leaving Germany. How about some dot points? Sounds grand.
  • Arrived at Edinburgh airport and sailed through UK customs with ease...all that stressing about deportation for nothing!
  • Stayed two nights with a lovely middle-aged couple I found on 'couch surfing' (www.couchsurfing.org)
  • Caught up briefly with Duncan (fellow volunteer in Uganda) for lunch at Edinburgh Uni
  • Went to Aberdeen to stay with my friend Al, who I worked with on Camp USA back in 2005. Saw a few castles, ruins, cute towns, (freezing cold) beaches, a whisky distillery, reindeer, mountains, lots of pretty Autumn trees and best of all...Loch Ness!
  • Ate haggis
  • Bussed down to Glasgow to stay with Al's sister (and my Camp USA boss!) and her boyfriend. Had a wander around the city. Apparently Scarlet Johannsen is here at the moment...
  • Caught up with Chris, a guy who worked at the golf club with me a year or so ago, and a couple of his friends for a drink or two.
Here's some visuals for you...
The View of Edinburgh from Calton Hill
The house I stayed at in Edinburgh :) Bay windows!!
Me & Duncan outside Edinburgh University
Al & I at Glamis Castle (who's read MacBeth?)
Chilly Aberdeen beach!
Me outside Royal Lochnagar whisky distillery
At Urquhart Castle overlooking the Loch Ness
Heading up Caingorn Mountain on the funicular railway
Dip & Hilary outside the cafe where we had lunch in Glasgow
Me & Chris outside Glasgow University
And that pretty much brings us to today! Happy halloween everyone. People actually go all out for it here, but from the sounds of things on Facebook, it's becoming more popular at home too! Yesterday I saw a guy dressed as Super Mario in Primark. 

Tonight I'm train bound for Liverpool, the home of The Beatles! Oh and my friend Rich, who I also know from Camp USA. Not sure how long I will stay there for but what's new hey? I am typing this in Hilary's kitchen and her pug puppy - Chuck Norris - is snoring on his little bed mat. Cute. 

Chuck Norris
 
Well, it's approaching noon and I'm still in my PJ's. Ain't life grand? I should probably start getting my stuff together and perhaps have a shower and put real clothes on. Ah, so much effort. So tonight I will bid Scotland farewell and head to the Motherland. That would be England. Maybe I'll go visit Will & Kate? Sounds like a plan.

Ok, well signing off from Glasgow and will return once I have some news from Liverpool! Ciao,

Louise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment